Matthew is a marketing analyst and Google Analytics implementation specialist. He is also an economist and BI/data analyst, with backgrounds in: online advertising, Web/game development, and computer science. When he’s not using his economist goggles, or building data models and analytics systems to reach incredible customer insights, he’s pondering the customer experience from the perspective of a game designer–another one of his past lives.
Resumé / CV
Internet Marketing Analyst
Consultant – High Country e-Retail (September 2014 – Present)
- Technical and creative consulting for an international mobile video game product.
- Mobile digital analytics, Application and usage tracking, Revenue and payment processing, Software development process
- Game design, Education in games, Interactive storytelling, Behavioral change models
- Web marketing and analytics consulting.
- User experience improvement, Landing page optimization, Google Analytics configuration
- Professional Services, Financial, and Retail industries
- Web development and e-commerce consulting to companies in the retail industry.
Online Advertising Account Manager – US Buildings, LLC (May 2013 – August 2014)
- Created, managed, and optimized ad campaigns (for B2C lead generation, e-commerce) on popular search engines and social networks. Google Adwords certified since 2013.
- Analyzed Web traffic to improve sales funnel performance using Google Analytics and hypothesis-testing tools, such as A/B split tests.
- Managed Google Analytics Campaign Experiments and Google Adwords Campaign Experiments.
- Integrated call-tracking, web chats, and other tools with Google Analytics in order to track behavior and performance across all contact points.
- Analyzed and reported key performance metrics (KPIs) along with actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Constructed Microsoft Excel (Microsoft “Power BI”) dashboards in order to:
- Automate some reporting tasks needed for managing advertising accounts and KPIs.
- Facilitate a larger, data-driven approach to marketing and sales with other team members, including: email marketers, SEO/content marketers, and management.
- Developed and optimized ad creatives for diverse campaign types, including: mobile phone ads, display networks, search engine ads, social media ads, and remarketing.
Web site/store Developer – e-commerce, self-employed (2012)
Business Intern – Insigma-Hengtian Software Ltd, Hangzhou, China (Summer 2011)
Product Content Writer (Student) – 3tailer LLC, Charlotte, North Carolina (Spring 2011)
Research Project Lead (Student) – Broyhill Inn, Boone, North Carolina (Spring 2011)
- Quantitative analysis of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Cost-benefit analysis of opportunities for renovations and improvements.
Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina (December 2012)
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (3.88 cumulative GPA)
- Majors: Economics, Business Management (with a concentration in entrepreneurship)
- Minors: Supply Chain Management, International Business
DigiPen Institute of Technology, Redmond, Washington (2004-2007)
- Studied computer science for Real-Time Interactive Simulations.
- Programmed both individual and team-based software projects.
ACADEMIC HONORS & AWARDS
- Graduated with top honors, Summa Cum Laude (2012)
- Bashear Prize for Student Research in Economics, top five (2011)
- “Outstanding Entrepreneurship Student of the Year”, Walker College of Business (2011)